E-flite Opterra 1.2M PNP Electric Flying Wing
The E-flite Opterra 1.2M PNP Electric Flying Wing features lightweight construction and efficient aerodynamics that make it possible for the E-flite® Opterra® 1.2m flying wing to deliver a wide range of capabilities. Everything from sport flying and performing aerobatics, to soaring and beyond. It even gives you the ability to put yourself in the pilot’s seat with optional FPV gear while also using a GoPro Session, RunCam HD or other similar class camera to record high-definition video at the same time (cameras and FPV gear sold separately).
The E-flite® Opterra® 1.2m flying wing is more compact than its 2.0m counterpart, yet it delivers added convenience, capability and flexibility through refined aerodynamics and an updated design that includes a number of great features. Its simplified three-piece airframe requires no tools or fasteners for assembly/disassembly with a convenient hands-free servo connection system and plug-in vertical fins. Enlarged elevons provide improved roll rate and control response, while a built-in keel with plastic cover makes launching easier and adds protection when landing. An improved motor mount design provides added durability and strength that’s perfectly matched to the brushless power system that’s compatible with 3S and 4S LiPo batteries right out of the box—no modifications or upgrades required. There are even channels molded into the wings that allow for installation of optional LED light strips, plus the included standard and FPV camera noses can be swapped out without tools or fasteners.
Features at a Glance:
- Capable of sport flying, aerobatics, soaring and more
- 3S and 4S LiPo compatible brushless motor and ESC
- Tool-free and fastener-free airframe assembly
- Convenient hands-free servo connection system
- Enlarged elevons offer excellent control response at any speed
- Multiple vortex generator locations enhance slow speed stability and control
- Includes standard and optional-use FPV camera noses
- Integrated keel makes launching easier and adds landing protection
- Lightweight and durable EPO foam construction with carbon-fiber support
- Molded-in LED channels for optional night flying capability
In Depth Features:
- Advanced Aerodynamics and Lightweight Construction: Central to the aircraft’s amazing capabilities are the advanced aerodynamics that shapes its design. In addition to an efficient airfoil, winglets and fins on the fuselage help the model track true in a variety of conditions. Vortex generators near the leading edge of the top of the wing, and just ahead of the elevons on the bottom, enhance slow speed stability and control. The airframe itself is constructed of carbon-fiber reinforced, hollow-core EPO material that keeps weight to a minimum while maintaining strength and rigidity.
- Easy to Assemble and Transport: One of the model’s most impressive features is how easy it is to take anywhere you want it to go. Its plug-in wing panels feature hands-free servo connections and are secured without the need for tools or fasteners so assembly or disassembly can be done in almost no time at all.
- 3S and 4S Compatible Brushless Power System with Folding Prop: The high-power brushless power system provides great power for carrying camera payloads or performing sport aerobatics when using 3S LiPo batteries—or you can use a 4S battery for even more power and performance without the need for any modifications or upgrades. When you want to power off and grab a thermal, the folding prop reduces drag so you can glide longer.
- Multiple Camera Type and Mounting Options Available: In addition to a sleek, low-drag nose for soaring, sport and aerobatic flying, the Opterra 1.2m flying wing also includes an optional-use nose that’s designed to accept an FPV (First-Person View) camera. There’s also a forward-facing station above the nose where you can mount a GoPro Session, RunCam HD or other similar camera to record your flight in high-definition video.
- Plug-N-Play® Version Available: Plug-N-Play (PNP) aircraft come out of the box with a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready to connect to a compatible receiver of your choice. Simply install the receiver, finish any final assembly and fly!
Wingspan: 47.2 in (1200mm)
Overall Length: 20.7 in (525mm)
Wing Area: 437 sq in (28.2 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 34.6 oz (980 g)
Motor Size: 480-Size, 880Kv Brushless Outrunner (installed)
Radio: Full-Range 4+ Channel with elevon mixing (sold separately)
Servos: (2) 13-Gram Micro Servo (installed)
Speed Control : 30A Brushless, 3-4S LiPo Compatible (installed)
Recommended Battery: 2200-3200mAh 3-4S LiPo with EC3 Connector (sold separately)
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- Full-range, 4+ channel transmitter with elevon mixing and receiver
- 2200–3200mAh 3–4S LiPo flight battery
- Compatible LiPo charger